Sunday, October 23, 2011

Marathon Training

I've been pretty bad posting the week's workout.  I'm going to have to go back and at least post the plan.  As for following the plan the last couple of weeks.  I've been spot on except for the long runs on weekends.  With some of our last trips around Europe and just my desire in general I don't think I'm where I need to be.  Don't get me wrong I think if I had to run a Half Marathon this week, I'd crush my PR, but the max miles I've been doing is hovering right around the 16-17 mile mark when I probably should have been doing 18-20 miles.  Oh well, that probably just means that I won't hit the 3:45 like I'd like but I'll still be able to finish and finish strong and respectable and that's the bottom line.

Here is this weeks workout.  Turning over in my mind that I should do the 20 miles that I bailed on today, I only did 16 of it.  We'll see how I'm feeling next Sunday.

Week
M
T
W
T
F
S
S
Total
14
Rest
3x1 mile C
3x 800 SI
3 miles
6x100 S
75-minute run,
including 6:00–8:00 TUT
Rest
4 miles
13 miles
45 miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment