Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 9 Marathon Training

Last week wasn't too bad. As long as you overlook the fact that I skipped the long run on Sunday. I've got excuses though. It was raining and we had a kids birthday party to go to. Someone once told me that "Excuses only satisfiy those who make them". I guess you can count me satisfied. I did have good solid speed work all week, so I was happy with that. I've started doing some of it on the treadmill since it's getting darker and colder so that really helps to keep me on pace.
I've also gotten a new toy, a Garmin Footpod for when I'm relegated to the treadmill I can still get the mileage/time/HR data instead of just the time/HR data. It goes on my shoelaces or in the Nike+ holder on my Nikes.  I think I've got just about all of the accessories now for my Forerunner 305.
Enough talk of my cool toys.  Here is this week's training.  I will get the long run done on Sunday.
Week
M
T
W
T
F
S
S
Total
9
Rest
2 miles GP
3x2 miles T (2:00)
3 miles GP
3 miles
6x100 S
4x1 mile C
Rest
5 miles
17 miles
44–47 miles




0 comments:

Post a Comment