Sunday, July 3, 2011

This Weeks Recap

Not a bad week as I prep for that fast approaching Ironman.  As usual weather and life sometimes get in the way.  But I'm still making progress and I think I'm doing all right.

Scheduled
Mon - Off
Tuesday - 60 minute run, Swim 6x400, 8x100
Wednesday - 60 minute Bike fartlek, 20 sec sprint with 2min rest interval.
Thursday - 30 minute run Swim 6x400, 8x100
Friday - 60 minute bike in small chain
Saturday - 3 hour run, Long Swim
Sun - 5:30 hour bike

Actual
Mon - Off
Tuesday 60 minute run Swim 6x400, 8x100
Wednesday  60 minute Bike fartlek, 20 sec sprint with 2min rest interval.
Thursday - 30 minute run
Friday - 60 minute bike, 2800m swim
Saturday - 3 hour run (16.21 miles)
Sunday - 5:30 hour bike

Like I said not a bad week.  Tuesday's swim was really good I did the total 3200m in about 1hr 40 min.  Well on track for what I need to accomplish the swim leg in.  Thursday the weather was bad and I couldn't make it to the outdoor pool and I couldn't get motivated to make the drive to the next town to the indoor pool, so I shifted it to Friday.  Saturday's run was good until about mile 13 when my HR went up and the pace went up, not a good thing.  Sunday's bike ride was filled with small rain showers and two torrential downpours.  After the second downpour I made it back to the house and set up the Dual on the trainer and I finished the last 2 hours on the trainer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment