Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hacker-Pshorr Munchner Hell

One of my favorite German beer types is the Hell or Helles.  This is particular hell is brewed by Hacker-Pshorr from Munich.  I've heard nothing but good things about their beers but I haven't been able to find any around the Vilseck area.  One of my NCO's went down to Munich and brought back a rack of it and he was kind of enough to give me two bottles to try out.  Here is what I thought.

The Hacker Pshorr Munchner Hell pours a nice foamy head, with aclear golden color.  A sweet taste with more of hint of malt than hops finishing with just a hint of roasted barley flavor.  A well balanced beer that leans more towards barley and malt than hops.  If I wasn't being deployed I'd be looking for more offerrings from Hacker Pshorr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment