Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time To Get Busy

It is only 118 days until the Prague Marathon and 140 days until Ironman 70.3 Austria. So it's time to start the workout program. This year's goals are for a 4:00 - 4:30 Marathon and a 5:45-6:30 70.3. I also need to drop my weight back down to about 190. I don't need to get down to the 180 I was last summer, I just want to stay between 190-200.

There are several obstacles, I mean opportunities to overcome, in order to accomplish these goals. The family and I have just moved from Kansas to Germany and we are currently living in temp lodging until a house opens up on our Army Post. We also don't have any of our stuff yet, which means none of my bikes are here. I'm going to have to use the stationary bikes in the gym until we get our stuff. I'm also starting a new job as a Squadron Executive Officer for a unit that is getting ready to deploy sometime sometime this summer, after the races. Before we can deploy though we have to go through a 3 week Mission Readiness Exercise, during which I won't be able to workout like I want to. Finally we have moved to Germany, the home of good beer and if you've noticed the title of the blog I LIKE beer, so I'm going to have to watch my consumption. All this means I need to make sure my goals are realistic. If I reach the upper end of my goals I will set personal records for both the marathon and the 70.3 and if I only make the bare minimum I will be just slightly slower than my current personal records of 4:20 and 6:08. The bottom line here is I just want to race and see some of Europe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment