Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yesterday Was A Bad Day and Today Wasn't Much Better

Yes I know I missed a workout yesterday, the mover's were here to pick up the storage shipment, I blew a tire on the mustang and had to change it as well as find someone who stocks the high performance tires on it. The stess of the holiday's and the move got to both me and Shantel yesterday and the end result of all that is that I didn't make it to the gym. Believe me it had nothing to do with the feared "Barbara" WOD that I was supposed to do because I was on my way to the gym when the tire blew. Here's what Barbara is:

Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats

Rest precisely three minutes between each round.

Today's workout looked much easier but let me tell you at round 2 I was sucking wind with muscle fatigue.

Warmup

Samson Stretch - 5 ea
Overhead Squat - 5 ea 55lbs
Situps - 15 ea
Dips - 5 ea
Pullups - 5 ea

Overhead Squat
3-3-3-1-1-1 75lbs

Rest

5 rounds for time of:
10 Burpees
10 Ring Dips (Modified to regular dips)
10 Tru Push ups

(Tru push ups are done with both hands and feet balancing on parallets, make sure you get your chest below parallel.)

I had never used the gymanstic rings to do dips before and tried a couple before the workout and decided that I needed to do the regular dips instead. By round 3 I was having to break for ten seconds every 2 reps of the dips and pushups. I was sucking for a total time of 28 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment